Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Not AGAIN!

I truly love my dog - she came from That'll Do Border Collie Rescue in Vancouver http://www.bcbordercollies.com/ and they work with you to make sure that the match is going to work for both the human and the furry one.  
Well it IS a great match and like I said I love her BUT
the first day she was with me she rolled in a dead seal.
The second day she rolled in a dead deer, 
the third day I don't even want to know.  
Now nine months in we average about twice a week.  
Basically anytime she is out of sight for more than 3 minutes I know someone is getting a bath later that day. 
What I don't understand is - Why only her?  
I mean I usually have between 8 and 12 dogs on the walk and her houndiness is usually the only one who comes back stinking.  
In a way that is a Good thing - better her than having to give a dog back at the end of the day " He had a GREAT day - sorry about the stink!" 
Regardless she's great and maybe she'll grow out of it??????


Since last week I've made two new friends.  This is Fido - he came for a visit from Vancouver ....
And had so much fun with HIS new friends that he's going to stay on the island in a forever home!

He had a great time out with the group and I'm hoping that we'll see more of him!
 
Today I also had Loula....
She is awesome- what a powerhouse!!! - tonnes of fun and up for anything - trouble is she is so fast all the other photos are just a blur of legs and tail - oh well!
 
And then I couldn't resist sharing this photo of Carrie and Barney!
Happy Fall Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment